Solution to "'Page_ClientValidate' is null or undefined not a function object" and other ominous JavaScript errors in IE10

I just spent several hours trying to figure out why I was getting JavaScript errors when using IE10. I owe Hanselman on this one. My error wasn’t exactly the same as what he described, but close. Through some searching I found his post, implemented the new browser files and the issue was resolved. Thanks Hanselman!

Everything worked fine in IE10 Compatibility Mode and all other browsers, just not IE10. I was getting errors like:

_”‘PageClientValidate’ is null or undefined not a function object””

You can read more on his post, but the short of it is that ASP.NET uses files on the server to determine which browser the user is using. They obviously didn’t account for IE10.

Jon

Share