I joined the Developer Experience team not too long ago and am focused on helping partners develop IoT products on the Azure IoT stack. I just found out that a sister team is looking for a Senior PM Evangelist to help develop the official IoT related programs we run. Full details below.
If interested, send me your resume here: http://bit.ly/emailjon – it’s not a bad idea to include a blurb about yourself and why this role is a fit.
Senior Program Manager Evangelist
As a company, Microsoft is looking to realize 3 bold ambitions: to create more personal computing, to reinvent productivity and business processes with better collaboration and new workflows, and to build an intelligent cloud that can accommodate rich data. Internet of Things (IoT) is a key enabler of these ambitions and a significant growth opportunity for Microsoft.
The Platform Evangelism and Planning (PEP) team within the Developer Experience and Evangelism (DX) Team responsible for defining DX strategic plans from programs and offers through to metrics and field execution to advance the Independent Software Vendor (ISV) and Evangelism agenda for Microsoft technologies. The PEP team works in a cross-functional manner, partnering with Microsoft product teams to define priorities and outcomes, then working with outbound ISV and Evangelism teams to land programs that drive adoption.
We are looking for an experienced Business Program Manager / Planner interested in being on the leading edge of IoT planning across the MS Platform. Due to the importance and dynamic nature of the work, the ideal candidate must have a strong sense of entrepreneurship and market/technical thought leadership, paired with a proven track record across all phases: from program design to implementation to sustained monitoring of performance.
This PEP Program Manager will work with teams across Microsoft to formulate impactful ISV and Evangelism plans, programs, offers and metrics that advance our technical marketing and engineering agendas aligned to roadmap or disclosure moments. In addition, Platform Business Program Managers provide critical customer feedback that will improve MSFT offerings. Success in this position requires working well in a team environment and building strong partnerships across different organizations. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to work on a high visibility project that will drive impact and help them grow professionally as a domain expert in an increasingly cloud and mobile connected world.
- Strong understanding of mobile and cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends Ability to present insights in concise and effective manner to a variety of stakeholders. Proven track record working across large corporate and field organizations to build consensus with at least 7 years of experience doing so
- Results driven; strong analytical skills with exceptional verbal and written communication
- 7+ years of experience leading product or program cycles from initial design through deployment and monitoring
- Strong background in working with ISV Startups or high profile application development projects
- Passion and drive about productivity and great mobile and cloud experience
- 7 years of related experience in program planning, business development or technical evangelism in related industries* Exceptional decision making, organizational and negotiation skills with attention to detail
- Excellent project planning and management skills with ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Solid written and verbal communications skills with range from end-user and developers through to senior executives
MBAs preferred but not required.
In the role you will be responsible for:
Setting the strategic direction and overall program/project definitions across ISV and Evangelism
- Defining strategic App Acquisition, Go To Market (GTM - incl. “sell with” opportunity) and Early Adopter Evangelism programs that compel developers and ISV to bet on Microsoft; then enable them to accelerate their success in IoT scenarios.* Target setting and prioritization (focus on “why” and “what”) for the different sub-projects
- Representing the voice of the customer, partner and developer in the process
- Definition of the requirements and policies for the programs
- Providing quality marketing analysis and insight within a crisp set of priorities and story line that DX, Engineering and Marketing can get behind
- Synthesizing data and market insight Decision-making on program related issues related to the purpose/definition
- Building trusted relationships across range of Microsoft teams to advance shared agenda and priorities
- Proven Escalation management capabilities
Estimated 15% travel required domestic and Internationally.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.