I found out the hard way that Web Application Projects do not support dynamic class generation for profile providers. For now you need to use the “WebSite” type project instead of WAP or you can use
I’m working on this app that pulls the ip address from the request headers. When debugging the app locally the headers are always “127.0.0.1”, which doesn’t help because I need to know the actual IP a
I just deployed a new wpf/e control to a new server and found that I need to register the content types for xaml, etc. You will find the configuration steps here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib
For all those dev’n on Vista, self included :) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=90e2942d-3ad1-4873-a2ee-4acc0aace5b6&displaylang=en
I just spent the last few hours trying to track down why I kept getting an “is null or not an object” error when setting up a service with a ScriptService attribute. I started my coding with a PageMet
Lets say you have this xml: Blog Content And you are using an XmlDataSource to run it through a repeater. You can easily get the attributes like so: <%#Eval(“Date”)%> To get the innerText (the
If you are referencing an external configuration file in your web application and are caching that access, then look at using the restartOnExternalChanges config attribute to restart the domain on con
The SqlXml datatype constructor only accepts a Stream or XmlReader, if you have an XmlDocument in memory (go with stream if you have it) then you can easily convert to a SqlXml compatible stream with
Commerce Server/IIS: File or assembly name Microsoft.CatalogServer, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
This typically means that you need to configure your site to use v2.0 of the .NET framework. aspnet_regiis -i is one way, another is to manually switch to 2.0 in the ASP.NET tab of the sites IIS prope
Commerce Server: Failed to get the connection string of the product catalog resource for the specified site.
If you get this exception when loading a CSAdmin web service it is likely that the AppPool’s identity does not have access to the MSCS_Admin database. Give the identity access to the databases and you