Power BI recently released their new Custom Visual SDK. If you were exposed to the old SDK you will quickly realize how much better this one is. Here’s a quickstart guide that should have your Custom Visual dev environment up and running in a few minutes.
- Release Announcement: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-custom-visuals-developer-tools-hit-v1/
- SDK: https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-tools
- Docs: https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals
- Sample: https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-sampleBarChart
- Visuals Gallery: http://visuals.powerbi.com
Allows you to surface your visual to PowerBI as you develop it. Full instructions here.
- Current User –> Trusted Root Certification Authorities
Check “Enable developer visual for testing”
Go to http://app.powerbi.com
Open any Dataset and click on the new Developer Visual icon in the Visualizations pane
You should then see the custom visual render
More Power BI dev posts to come soon.