I do most of my dev in WSL and occasionally I screw up line endings between Windows and WSL. I wanted to solve the line ending changes so I added a
.gitattributes to root of repo file with this:
* text eol=lf
Everything worked great locally, but when I pushed to GitHub all of my pngs were borked.
So I did some sleuthing and discovered that I should add this to my
.gitattributes file so pngs are treated as binary files.
* text=auto * text eol=lf *.png binary
In order for those changes to take effect, I had to run the following:
git rm --cached -r . git add -A
I then committed and pushed to GitHub and that resolved the problem.