I just created a Microsoft Teams private channel and noticed that it doesn’t have “Get link to channel” option like other channels.
Here, you can see it doesn’t have that option:
Here’s how I found the link:
- Click on the Channel name in the Teams left hand navigation
- Click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of Teams
- Select “Open in SharePoint”
- Once in SharePoint, click on the “Go to channel” button. If you can’t see it, then click the “…” to reveal it.
- That will open a new browser tab.
- The URL that is in that tab is the link to the private channel. It looks something like this:
- Remove the
&suppressPrompt=truequery string from the URL so that it automatically opens Teams to the channel.
- Navigate to that URL to test it out.
- Create a short link to that URL or just share it with the people who need it.