I just spent way too much time trying to figure out how to call the LinkedIn People Search API. I needed to simply use the LinkedIn API to find people in my network by their full name. The last thing I want to do is try to figure out how to get OAuth working when I have a thousand other things to do. I downloaded all the C# libraries I could find, but most required a bunch of setup or compiling or hacking that I don’t have time for. I then came across the Spring.net Social Extension for LinkedIn. I went over to the SpringSource LinkedIn GitHub page and found this sample. It looked pretty straight forward so I decided to go for it…and got it working in about 10 minutes.
Here’s what I did:
1) Created my LinkedIn app. https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer?newapp=
2) Created a new C# project and referenced Spring.Social.LinkedIn via nuGet
3) Referenced Common.Logging (I actually did this later because I was getting an exception, but just do it now)
4) Copied the 4 following strings into my project:
5) Created this SearchAsync method
6. Called SearchAsync method from another method
I hope this saves you some time.