I love my new Logitech V470 mouse. This being my first bluetooth mouse, I didn’t realize that the driver and service turn off the bluetooth signal when idle. So, after a few mins of not using the mouse it wouldn’t work. I had to remove the device and repair it every time.
Two things you need to do to solve this issue:
Configure the Bluetooth Service to start automatically start
1. Click start. Enter services.msc. Hit Enter
2. Right click on “Bluetooth Service”. Select Properties
3. Select “Automatic” from the “Startup type” dropdown. Click OK.
Configure the Bluetooth driver to not turn off the device to save power
1. Click start. Enter “device manager”. Hit Enter.
2. Under “Bluetooth Radios” right click and select Properties on each of the items until you find the one with the “Power Management” tab. Mine happened to be ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0. Yours will likely be different.
3. Select the “Power Management” tab. Uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” checkbox.
4. Click OK.